The Brown School has a rolling admission process. Complete your application now to be considered for admission and scholarship opportunities. The Brown School offers Fall (August) enrollment only.
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a cumulative grade average of B or better.
- Submission of a professional statement that discusses significant factors influencing your decision to pursue a Master in Social Work degree. Your essay should include information regarding career goals and leadership experiences that will contribute to your success as a graduate student and in the social work profession. Please include why the Brown School is a good fit for your educational goals. Essay should be two pages long, single spacing and 12-point font.
- Completion of an essay that analyzes a social problem of great concern to you. Include key factors contributing to the issue, plausible solution(s), possible steps for implementation and challenges likely to surface in seeking a solution. Essay should be two pages long, single spacing and 12-point font.
- A non-refundable application fee of $60, or $40 if you apply online.
Application review starts with a complete application. A complete application includes submission of application and supporting documents. Application and supportive documents can be sent separately. The application review process takes six to eight weeks after an application is completed.
APPLICATION AND scholarships deadline
- The Brown School has a rolling admission process. Apply now to be considered for admission and scholarship opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application soon.
If you are an international student, transfer student, or Washington University undergraduate student, please read the sections below for more information.